Alexander Technique Workshops
The Harp Society of New Zealand is sponsoring a visit to Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, from Lucy Reeves, a professional harpist and a qualified Alexander Technique teacher who resides in Brisbane, Australia.
Lucy’s experience with both disciplines gives her a unique understanding of the stresses we harpists put on our bodies every day, and how we can find a path towards more fluency and relaxation in playing the harp.
For more information about the Lucy Reeves and the Alexander Technique see the News Posting.
Lucy will conduct workshops and private lessons in New Zealand during May 2018.
Dates and times are:
Auckland – Sa, 19 May and Su, 20 May (Coatesville)
- Saturday 19 May 1:30 for Introduction, a brief break, and 3:00 p.m. for At the Harp Workshops; Private lessons will be confirmed via email with individuals.
- Saturday and Sunday: Private Lessons will be confirmed via email with individuals.
Wellington – Tu, 22 May and We, 23 May (Southgate)
TUESDAY 22 MAY
- Break - please bring your dinner if you wish
- 5.45-6.45 pm Introduction to Alexander Technique
- 7.15-8.45 pm Alexander Technique at the Harp
WEDNESDAY 23 MAY 9.00 am onwards Private Sessions as booked
Christchurch – Fr, 25 May and Sa, 26 May (Fendalton)
- Friday 25 May: Private Lessons
- Saturday 26 May: 1:30 p.m. for Introduction and 3:00 p.m. for At the Harp Workshops
Alexander Technique Workshops
There are two workshops available and are planned to be held in Auckland (19 May), Wellington (22 May) and Christchurch (26 May):
Introduction to Alexander Technique (approx. 1.0 hour) – Fee $45
A maximum of 8 attendees per workshop will provide an opportunity for Lucy to spend a small amount of hands on time with each person.
Introduction and Alexander Technique at the Harp (approx. 2.5 hours) – Fee $95
This Workshop comprises the introductory workshop above and includes demonstrations at the harp. There will be an opportunity for harpists to volunteer during the session and a time for questions and answers.
Private Individual Lessons
Lucy is available for individual lessons either Alexander Technique only or Harp/Alexander Technique. At this stage we are taking indications of interest in a private lesson. Venue and timings will be communicated once these details have been finalised.
The fees for individual lessons are:
30 minutes - $45.00
45 minutes - $67.50
60 minutes - $90.00
Recommendations for private lesson length are:
- · 30 minutes - If you have been to the Workshop and want a private AT lesson
- · 45 minutes - If you haven’t been to the Workshop and want a private AT lesson
- · 45 minute / 60 minute - If you’d like a harp/AT lesson, you will need to have attended the Introduction Workshop – lesson length depends on how much harping you do. Also please bring a piece(s) or warm up routine or exercise(s) to play that you know really well.
Payment by April 23 will secure your space. Cancellations up to 15 days prior to workshops will be refundable, minus an administration fee (TBD, looking into costs to harp society associated with refunding ... we don't expect it to be more than $10).
When you register for the workshop you will have the option of specifying that you are interested in a private lesson, and for how long. We will get back in touch with members interested in a private lesson closer to the date.
Registration will allow you to register for yourself, and any guests (member and non-member both), so if there is a family who would like to attend one person can register and pay for all attendees with a single payment. If you want invoices/payments separate then each person must register for themselves.